• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

After cooler rebuild on Penninsular

Neil
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bridgeport CT (Miamogue)

After cooler rebuild on Penninsular

Post by Neil »

We chased a heat alarm last year at higher rpms. This off season i pulled the after cooler , and the water pump. Just wanted to post a pic that may be of use to someone else. The barnacle buster product really did do fine job of disolving the build up in the saltwater tubes. I pulled the top and two ends and am just cleaning it up to reassemble. New gasket set readily available from Penninsular. I like those guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: After cooler rebuild on Penninsular

Post by Jeremyvmd »

yea they did all that to mine when they rebuilt the motor...never had mine apart but I had planned to. Really nice guys over at peninsular, helpful and know their stuff, never had an issue getting help or advice from them either!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Re: After cooler rebuild on Penninsular

Post by Pedro »

Neil, I had my mechanic flush my system with barnacle buster last season,after opening up your Aftercooler did you feel the barnacle buster did the complete job of cleaning the Aftercooler? In hindsight did you feel it was still necessary to open her up after all? I don't see a reason right now except for the peace of mind of seeing what it looks like in there...Pete

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”