• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 35 TE Words of Advice

DKramer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito

Albin 35 TE Words of Advice

Post by DKramer »

I have put in an offer on a 1999 Albin 35 TE with a single screw. I would be interested in anything folks have to say about the 35. I'm interested in your thoughts on buying, owning, common problems and things to watch for in a survey.

My interest are fishing, entertaining and coastal cruising. I will be shipping the boat out from GA out to the San Francisco Bay Area.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Albin 35 TE Words of Advice

Post by whwells »

If you have found a good one go for it. I had the 35 Sportfisher 2006 flybridge a few years back. Really sorry I sold it for some dumb reasons. Looking back it may have been the best boat ever owned considering price and size. Safe and dependable.
Howard
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

As I type this there are 10,853 here in the TE forum. The majority will be referencing the 28TE but there is plenty here. The search function will find them all. Then specific questions can address the rest..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

We have had a 35 TE since 2009 and been very pleased. The only issues we have had have been with the rigging work done after the boat left the factory.

One thing I have noticed on the flying bridge boats is a tendency for a crack to form in the deck about where the seat pedestals mount.
PICT0247.JPG
this is a picture of the crack during repair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I really don't think your gonna like that 35. Why don't you have them drop it off in nj and I will send you my 28. Lol.

Obviously joking congrats on the new boat!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Post by Mike Ebert »

When you are ready, contact me and I'll hook you up with the vendors that I use in the Bay Area.
CATCHALL
31 ft. TE
Sausalito, CA

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”