• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introduction, Purchase and Delivery of Dogonit (now Isla)

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New Member Scarborough, Maine

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard! Man I gotta get a skyhook. Makes it easy. A fine looking boat, glad the fixes were minor.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hey Jaredh - I'm assuming you've seen the "marketing" shots of DogOnIt - but if you haven't...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=192

Welcome aboard!

(We dodged floating ice when we sea trialed Sonny IV - makes for an "interesting" day on the water!)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Its always tough to let go! Jared & Kayla I hope you enjoy her as much as I have for the past 14 years. She's been treated nicely and always treated me equally as well.

I found it funny reading of your sea trial. I took my first ride in an Albin 28 from the same docks with Ken and a few friends aboard on a snowy February morning in 2003. I'm pretty sure the boat was hull #1 of the flush deck model that I turned down in favor of custom ordering Dogonit.

There wasn't another sole anywhere on the water. My friend said to me, "You realize that at this temperature the water might as well be acid. If we end up in it, we are done!" I couldn't feel my toes when we returned to the dock.

Best of luck and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I think I have crawled over every inch of that boat at least twice.

Jack

Former owner of Dogonit :(
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

JackK wrote:Its always tough to let go! Jared & Kayla I hope you enjoy her as much as I have for the past 14 years. She's been treated nicely and always treated me equally as well.

I found it funny reading of your sea trial. I took my first ride in an Albin 28 from the same docks with Ken and a few friends aboard on a snowy February morning in 2003. I'm pretty sure the boat was hull #1 of the flush deck model that I turned down in favor of custom ordering Dogonit.

There wasn't another sole anywhere on the water. My friend said to me, "You realize that at this temperature the water might as well be acid. If we end up in it, we are done!" I couldn't feel my toes when we returned to the dock.

Best of luck and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I think I have crawled over every inch of that boat at least twice.

Jack

Jack - Nice to see that you got one more ride aboard Dogonit. I took my first ride on an Albin 28 from those same docks on my sea trial as well. Thanks so much for your participation from giving forum members a picture walk through the Albin assembly line to helping us all find the screw for the front running lights.

Any boating adventures ahead?
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

JackK wrote:Its always tough to let go! Jared & Kayla I hope you enjoy her as much as I have for the past 14 years. She's been treated nicely and always treated me equally as well.

Jack

Thanks Jack! I am sure we will be in touch with questions at some point. The vessel formerly known as Dogonit (She will be renamed and has been documented as ISLA), was way outside our initial budget but your attention to maintenance and detail showed in the condition of the boat.

We are planning on driving her up to Maine on her own bottom end of the month, and have will be spending our honeymoon in early June cruising down through buzzards bay, MV, Nantucket etc. After that its tuna time in the Gulf or Maine!

Thank you again for an easy transaction on a fantastic boat!
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
maine28te
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: maine

Post by maine28te »

Ken is a great guy. We bought ours a few years back and made the trip from spring point to right near kens place solo. Watch for the whales as you get north of Provincetown. Just up the coast in Phippsburg now. Hope to see you around.
Red Sky
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

JaredH,
Welcome to AOG. All of your questions will be answered here. Your new boat is a great example of the TE28.
Jack - Let us know what the future holds for you. Another boat?

I'm going to move this topic to the TE forum. I can see that we are well past the introductions.

Thanks everyone!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Introduction, Purchase and Delivery of Dogonit (now Isla)

Post by Jaredh »

Yesterday a perfect weather window happened to fall on my 31st birthday, so we we able to get a ride down to RI from my Father and Step-Mom, slept on the boat and left at 6am from Tiverton, RI on our trip back to Maine.

Ken Hilton from Standish Boat Yard had the boat ready to go in the water with a fresh coat of bottom paint, some minor issues resolved, and the 1200 hour service completed on the engine. She ran like a top for the ~10 hour trip at 3300 rpm with speed ranging from 18 - 19 knots. We stopped in Sandwich for fuel after getting through the canal and then set a straight course for Portland Head Light. Lots of whale and porpoise activity on Stellwagen Bank and near Jeffries Ledge on the way up. She handled beautifully and Kayla and I had a great (long) day on the water. Here are some photos. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Jaredh »

Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Jaredh »

Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Jaredh »

Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Jaredh »

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

It sounds and looks like you had a great first trip. I see that Jack left you some fishing waypoints for your honeymoon! 8)
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

Wish we'd known you'd be stopping in Sandwich yesterday, we were there pretty much all day painting bottom and putting second coat of wax on hull. We would have been glad to stop and catch your lines when you came in. we're wintering there for the first time with a launch date of 11 May. It was a beautiful day to be on the water - far better than the periods of deluge rain that we're experiencing today. Have a wonderful summer, we look forward to learning of your adventures. We hope to get up your way some time this summer.
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

What a fabulous maiden voyage! Love the photos!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”