• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introduction, Purchase and Delivery of Dogonit (now Isla)

JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Introduction, Purchase and Delivery of Dogonit (now Isla)

Post by JackK »

She looks great Kayla and Jared!

Funny on the fishing waypoints :) I added all the tuna locations within range. You'll also see that I dropped marks on all the hot fishing spots. No charge lol.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
MayaMC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Falmouth Maine

Post by MayaMC »

Congratulations! We too just purchased a 28 TE and have had it brought up from Westport MA. DELFINI will be in the Falmouth ME anchorage this summer (OK, she is there now) and how we see you out there!
MayaMC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Falmouth Maine

Post by MayaMC »

ISLA! Your mooring is close to ours ! I saw her bobbing along on their mooring. She looks GREAT!
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

Thanks! You guys must have the green hulled Albin that was on the handy boat dock yesterday?

We will actually end up out further towards your mooring once our mooring gets sorted. On a temporary mooring right now.

Edit: Too funny, I hadn't connected the dots but we looked at your boat this spring during our shopping. There is a pros/cons list somewhere on a legal pad that Kayla put together about your boat vs the boat we ended up buying. Great boat with awesome new electronics package. Low hours too! Congrats!
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

JaredH,
I was right on your heals trying to by dogonit! Called Ken Hilton and was sad to learn she was under agreement. However a sister 28TE also dark blue just was being offered for sail. So I bought About Time which was siting right next to Dogonit at Standish boatyard. Had to wait until you got in the water so Ken could prep mine for water. I got underway shortly after you for her home port in Mattapoisett Ma. Small world! Ken told me Dogonit, now Isla was heading for Maine !
Capt Brad
Capt Brad
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

That is funny. Guess I should have held out for more $ Jared ? Just kidding. Hope you guys are enjoying every minute of her. I miss the fishing but after last night's storm I remember worrying all night long about how well she was tied up. The wind was howling.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Jaredh
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, Maine

Post by Jaredh »

She is safe in the driveway now. 6 Bluefin this season! Kayla even got her first tuna.

Definitely a small world!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck "Isla" (Formerly "Dogonit")

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”