• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Spring Assist dinette in 28 TE?

gfuller
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portland, ME

Spring Assist dinette in 28 TE?

Post by gfuller »

Hi All,

When first shopping for a 28 TE I came across a 96 that I checked out. I remember playing around with the Dinette and more specifically the table that lowers and raises for a bed. When I raised it up, I basically loosened it and it popped right up. I thought "wow, this is really easy".

After getting my newer model home I went to do the same thing and there was no Spring in the pedestal. Is this normal? or is the spring loaded pedestal the norm? I will say that it's quite a pain to raise it without the spring I experienced on the other model.

Thanks!
1999 Albin 28 TE Yanmar 6LP-STE
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Spring Assist dinette in 28 TE?

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Mine has the assist and I think most if not all did. It's possibly yours is broken or was removed...
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
gfuller
First Mate
First Mate

Post by gfuller »

ahhh. I was afraid of that... any idea what it looks like? is it just a big compression spring?
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I believe it's a hydro cylinder but honestly never took a look! Next time I'm down there I'll take a peek
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
gfuller
First Mate
First Mate

Post by gfuller »

Awesome! Much appreciated! This is going to be a necessity as it's nearly impossible to raise without it.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

You'll be cursing that same "lift assist" when your trying to get the table to go DOWN when you're half asleep, (or half in the bag or both). Been there, done that, a thousand times :evil: Sometimes, on those "special nights", the easiest solution was to sleep in the "u-shape" of the dinette.... which also made it much more convenient to wake up to the breakfast table all ready to go :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

honestly never used the table for meals. felt claustrophobic in there. put the table in the down/bed position years ago and never looked back. we eat on deck or the pilot house. never have to wrestle with the pedestal at bed time. fwiw
gfuller
First Mate
First Mate

Post by gfuller »

RobS wrote:You'll be cursing that same "lift assist" when your trying to get the table to go DOWN when you're half asleep, (or half in the bag or both). Been there, done that, a thousand times :evil: Sometimes, on those "special nights", the easiest solution was to sleep in the "u-shape" of the dinette.... which also made it much more convenient to wake up to the breakfast table all ready to go :wink:

I love this! I forsee a few of those "special nights" this summer for sure!

I think I'm going to remedy this by sanding the plastic sleeve and loosening it up a bit so at least it slides easier.

Thanks!
gfuller
First Mate
First Mate

Post by gfuller »

I actually just found this post so my last response doesn't seem as ridiculous...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9816

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”