• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

10 days to turn her round

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

10 days to turn her round

Post by Tree »

Thankfully only a short job this year. Paint, polish, wax. Seal the deck over the fuel tank again and have another go at sorting the deck drains. The hull looks worse than it was as it's mainly slime and I was still able to achieve 21 knots after 12 months in the water. Last years hull cleaning process seamed to work well as I think we will be polished in a few hours tomorrow, oxidisation isn't a patch on what it was last year. Get her back in, warm the engine and drop the oil, service and go fishing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 10 days to turn her round

Post by DougSea »

Looks like plenty of shine on the hull!

Nice that you were able to get her back in her proper element so quickly.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

That's the before picture Doug, hence the slime in the hull. I finished the hull yesterday, lifted the hatch above the fuel tank and sorted the deck drains and resealed the hatch. Fitted a new throttle as the previous one is now 17 years old. Sealed the trim strips under the wheelhouse windows. Today's jobs are polish and wax the top sides. Replace anodes on the intercooler as they're the only ones I've not had a chance to do. Apply second coat of wax to the hull. The yard is antifouling the boat during the week. I've removed the bolsters in the cockpit and cleaned them, also made new fender socks and I'll put the fenders back once the top sides are all finished. All going well, I'll be done in seven days. Oh and go round refreshing any loose sealant.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

Paint tomorrow then she can go back in the water if I get a chance to fit the anodes tomorrow evening.

Ten days I gave myself - I think I've done it in four.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”