• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

raw water pump

mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

raw water pump

Post by mjohnh »

I had a telephone conversation with a mechanic, today about parts to change out my timing belt and he volunteered that I should check my
raw water pump. He then volunteered that he pump cannot be "rebuilt" with new seals, etc, ......anyone have experience with this???
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: raw water pump

Post by Tree »

Assuming it's a 6lp yanmar then the raw water pump can be easily rebuilt. I've recently rebuilt three and there is a thread here on the boards with pictures and instructions. If he means the fresh water pump, that's a different matter as it is probably behind the cam belt so not easy to get to.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Re: raw water pump

Post by mjohnh »

Thanks...he specifically referred to the pump that supplies engine cooling water........I have parts sources that agree with you.......

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”