• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Date, Location, etc... Please read.

Rendezvous Coordinator - Mariner
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Date, Location, etc... Please read.

Post by Mariner »

Lets get a date set. I'm thinking something in April or May, to ensure availability.

Let me know what you think, lets try to get a date set by the end of January.
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lets Set a Date!!!

Post by Anthony1013 »

This sounds great! I go up to Pt. Townsend frequently that time of year to Halibut fish.... come to think of it, that may be a problem for slip availability. Is there any idea on the size of the turnout? Let me know if I can be of any help...

Anthony
28' Albin "MadMoney" in Ilwaco/Seattle
CCA Member & PSA Sno-King Member
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Well, so far our best case for turnout appears to be two boats. Yours and mine. However, if we continue to get the word out, I would think we could get 5 or 6 boats, judging by the number of people who have expressed interest in the past.
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

2 boats... 5 boats..... I'm going to have fun regardless! Let's confirm the date ( I'm open... ) and rally the troops.

Viva Pt. Townsend!
28' Albin "MadMoney" in Ilwaco/Seattle
CCA Member & PSA Sno-King Member
Donya
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham

Post by Donya »

Mariner,
Lets shoot for early to mid May, The weather is better but it hasn't got to busy yet.

Don
Don and Taunya
2003 28TE -Dog On It-
Commodore Bellingham Wheel and Keel
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings, Oregon

Post by pkdiver »

Set a date and we will try to make it from Brookings, Oregon. We do trailer our boat occasionally and I was trying to justify going up to the sound sometime this summer but a date in mid May could work out for us.
PK diver
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings, Oregon

Re: Pacific Northwest Members

Post by pkdiver »

The weekend starting May 8th will probably work for us. We will trailer our TE 28 up from Brookings, Oregon for the rendezvous if all works out. Are there any good electronic techs in the Port Townsend area? I need to get my auto pilot looked on out boat looked at.
Pete
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I'm pretty sure May 8-10 works for us. I will check with the Port of PT to see if there's anything else scheduled that weekend. Point Hudson is preferable, as it is right in town. The Boat Haven has much more space just a couple miles up the road, as well as a good sized ramp and a travel-lift, but is in a less desirable location. Some of the best marine mechanics and repair shops in Western Washington are in Port Townsend, so you shouldn't have any problem finding a good electronics tech.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

May 9th is Port Townsend's "Opening Day" celebration. So, assuming we can get moorage, we'll be in for quite a show.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Ok, I spoke with the harbormaster at Pt. Hudson. They have plenty of availability the weekend of May 8-10th for the time being, however he pointed out to me that it is Mother's Day weekend as well as opening day in Seattle and other areas.

Here's how it works; I pay them $7 per boat for a group reservation fee. This is non refundable, and does NOT apply towards your moorage. That is simply the cost of getting the block set aside for us. Then, each individual owner needs to call and make (and pay for) their own reservation aproximately within the following 30 days.

Or, we can just individually make our own reservations and roll the dice. However, if I'm going to set aside a block, I need to get a rough count of how many people can make it that weekend.

Also, given that it seems most of us would be coming from the south, do we want to have it somewhere farther south, like Poulsbo, Port Orchard, or Blake Island?

I hate to confuse it at the last minute, but I would like to make sure we maximize our attendance. I would like to have our reservations set by the end of next week (March 6th).
Donya
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham

Re: Date, Location, etc... Please read.

Post by Donya »

Mariner,
I am game for that weekend...I would prefer that we are all together as a group but to each there own. If there is a rough number of attendies I will front the money for the reservation to get the ball rolling.... May be we can get a roll call.

D&T
Don and Taunya
2003 28TE -Dog On It-
Commodore Bellingham Wheel and Keel
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I hate to miss a party. You all are a few weeks too early for us. We are looking at Gig Harbour for the weekend starting 5/29 :D Oh well :(
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

If you were bringing your boat, I would suggest moving it to that weekend and Gig Harbor, since that's where we keep our boat! But instead, I think we will just have to arrange to take you for a ride on the Nordvika that weekend.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Great. I'll see if I can save some Goslings Black Seal rum & some ginger beer so we can have Dark & Stormys. :twisted:
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Markv
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Suburban Edison, Washington

Post by Markv »

My wife, Nancy and I would like to attend, but will be back east on the dates in May. We have waterfront, rustic property on Aleck Bay on the South end of Lopez Island. Perhaps a rendezvous there some other time if there is interest. No dock, Sandy Beach.

Mark

Return to “Pacific Northwest AOG Rendezvous 2009”