• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Western LIS: Norwalk Cove Marina store

Do you have a great mechanic? Are you pleased with any boating related service? Tell us about it. Share the information with other Albin owners.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Western LIS: Norwalk Cove Marina store

Post by DougSea »

Like many of you are likely doing I have for years bought my paint, supplies and sundries at either the national chains (West Marine here in western Connecticut) or I've ordered it online and paid the shipping.

I keep my boat at Norwalk Cove Marina in the off-season (and now in a slip) and I'm often buying small items in the newly renovated store there. It's not a huge place and while they have all the little items in stock they don't have the space to stock everything I need. I'm always chatting with the guys there and Scott, the manager, mentioned one day that they can normally get special order items delivered to the store the very next day. With no shipping. And the best part? Their prices are almost ALWAYS very competitive with the online stores and pretty much always cheaper than West.

Now I find myself shopping online, writing down part numbers, and calling Scott. He's been great and is also a great source for advice. He's now my first stop for anything for the boat. If you're ever in the area (Cove is the location of the Norwalk In Water Boat Show each year) I recommend you stop in and check it out for yourself.

Doug
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Accolades, Recommendations, and Reviews”