• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Attendance List, NE AOG Rendezvous

Post your pictures and comments.
Help us make it even better next year!
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Attendance List, NE AOG Rendezvous

Post by RicM »

OK all, this is what I see from scanning the topic,
Rob S, Erika and the girls on Toy-Rific
RicM & Karen on Time After Time
JerseyAlbin
Anne & Dave on Hideaweigh
Gery, Anne, & Marissa on Resolution
Cliff & Linda on Linda K
Don & Dee on Tachyon
John & Marcia on Joint Venture
Rick & Colleen on Legacy
JohnZ on Homeinstead

What's up with Kevin & Joanie? Can't imagine a rendezvous without a little LPR!

If you need more info, want to add or subtract yourself from the list etc please post under this topic. If you are thinking about attending for the first time, believe me, it's a great time for everyone in any age group. There are families with kids of all ages, retired folks, the party hardy crowd, etc etc. You will find new friends and enjoy Essex, a great, really beautiful, scenic New England town. Once again, Karen will be coming from school at CT School of Massage Therapy so she will have her table and the van for trips to provision or for parts (Rob) if necessary.
Last edited by RicM on Wed May 26, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Attendance List, NE AOG Rendezvous

Post by Pitou »

RicM wrote: What's up with Kevin & Joanie? Can't imagine a rendezvous without a little LPR!
With regrets, I must say ... the stars are not in line to arrive by ALBIN, but hopefully by car. If you see us I'll be the guy with the cooler on wheels & the LPR. Too many conflicts that require us to be in homeport by the 26th. We all know how necessary it is to have a few swing days either side of a boat trip.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Mahalo is hopeing to attend but have not reserved yet. :D
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
ENDURANCE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ENDURANCE »

Hello! ENDURANCE is booked for EIM. :D Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new faces. This time we are able to stay for the whole weekend. We will gladly offer up the flush deck again for Karen's massage sessions! :lol:
Garth & Kim
ENDURANCE
2005 28 TE Flush Deck
Clinton, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Essex Island Marina's Spring Newsletter included this notice about a 55th Anniversary 1/2 Week Special. "Stay 4 nights, pay for 3". A little easier to use than their normal policy of "stay for a full week and get a free night"

The rate is the same as last year, $4.70 per foot, includes all utilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Attendance List, NE AOG Rendezvous as of 5/26

Post by RicM »

Current List as of 5/26
by RicM » Wed May 12, 2010 10:46 am

This is the current list that I have....we are up to 16 boats as of 5/26.....
NOTE: Being on this list does NOT reserve you a slip! You must contact EIM at:
860-767-1267
And make a reservation and arrange a deposit of 1 night. Tell them you are with the Albin Group.
Also, please sign up for the list by posting on the topic ABOUT the list.....
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3312
Also known as:Attendance List, NE AOG Rendezvous
My feeble mind is not capable of scanning all posts on both topics for attendees so help me out here.
Anyway it looks like this is the current line-up. If you are coming and don't see your name below, post on
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3312

Rob S, Erika and the girls on Toy-Rific
RicM & Karen on Time After Time
JerseyAlbin on Pirates Treasure
Anne & Dave on Hideaweigh
Gery, Anne, & Marissa on Resolution
Cliff & Linda on Linda K
Don & Dee on Tachyon
John & Marcia on Joint Venture
Rick & Colleen on Legacy
JohnZ on Homeinstead
"MAHALO"(Hopeful)
Garth & Kim on ENDURANCE
Dave and Barb on Seaquel
John and Linda on "OTTER"
barbco228 Can you supply names & Boat name? Searched your posts and don't find either.......
Matt and Janet on Doghouse
Lynn & Lionel on TOGETHER
Last edited by RicM on Thu May 27, 2010 6:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Sorry for not replying earlier but Matt and Janet on Doghouse plan on being there.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ctlionsden »

Contacted EIM today and reserved the weekend. This marina was a favorite destination when our kids were young.

For anyone coming for the first time—depending on where we'll be docked as a group—may I suggest a slow approach to docking, getting a feel for currents that sometimes eddy from unexpected directions, especially when a tide is running. Things might be different now—there may have been dredging to ease the problem—but every weekend back then we'd see someone get into trouble, often hitting a docked boat or two.

Looking forward to meeting many of you whose posts I've been following. Might be nice to meet up with other boats traveling from western Long Island Sound and make the run together… (our home port, Fairfield, CT, is opposite Port Jefferson, NY.)

See you in July,
—Lionel
Last edited by ctlionsden on Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

ctlionsden wrote:....depending on where we'll be docked as a group....
We had the entire B Floater at the North end of the cove last year and this year is to be the same. I have placed an arrow pointing to the B Floater on this photo diagram I posted last year showing the proximity to the Griswold for any who chose to come by land. Click the photo to enlarge it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ctlionsden »

RobS wrote:
ctlionsden wrote:....depending on where we'll be docked as a group....
We had the entire B Floater at the North end of the cove last year and this year is to be the same. I have placed an arrow pointing to the B Floater on this photo diagram I posted last year showing the proximity to the Griswold for any who chose to come by land. Click the photo to enlarge it.
Thanks for the "map". Can't be much current in the cove. Docking problems we saw people having were all on the river-side, close to the bend, the result of tide and current eddies.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Should I add "ctlionsden" to our list of boats? I see Lionel & Lynn listed in the members area but no boat name....

Also on the current issue....there is a deceptive amount of North to South flow from the river current that get pushed into that skinny channel between the island and the main land. You get to that North dock by entering the channel south of the island ( and gas dock) going around the west side of the island before reaching the north dock There is not enough water to the North (or at least there wasn't last year) to approach from that direction. Also, be aware that there is a small ferry that scoots back and forth from the island to the mainland just west of the gas dock in a very narrow part of the channel and he has the right of way. It can make for some interesting traffic patterns. Don't let me make you nervous, if Karen & I can do it anyone can, but you must proceed SLOWLY, with caution, have the bow thruster ready, and be ready to back and fill at any moment. If the channel looks busy (40 footer coming out) abort, circle, and start again. There should be plenty of hands to help you at the North Dock.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Yup, watch the ferry and any boats coming around the corner from the north. I totally lost my steering coming back from the raft-up at Hamburg Cover least year and made it back to the B-Floater without issue by way of bow-thruster and stern walk. And that was in the middle of the day on a beautiful weekend. At least I was only drinking waters while up at Hamburg :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

johngp@cox.net
Swabby
Swabby

Post by johngp@cox.net »

I have a 1988 27' Aft cabin on a slip at Castle Marina in Chester Ct. Is there any way we could attend the rendezvous for just one of the days. If so which day would be best??

John Powell
Ariadne
ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ctlionsden »

RicM wrote:Should I add "ctlionsden" to our list of boats? I see Lionel & Lynn listed in the members area but no boat name....

Also on the current issue....there is a deceptive amount of North to South flow from the river current that get pushed into that skinny channel between the island and the main land. You get to that North dock by entering the channel south of the island ( and gas dock) going around the west side of the island before reaching the north dock There is not enough water to the North (or at least there wasn't last year) to approach from that direction. Also, be aware that there is a small ferry that scoots back and forth from the island to the mainland just west of the gas dock in a very narrow part of the channel and he has the right of way. It can make for some interesting traffic patterns. Don't let me make you nervous, if Karen & I can do it anyone can, but you must proceed SLOWLY, with caution, have the bow thruster ready, and be ready to back and fill at any moment. If the channel looks busy (40 footer coming out) abort, circle, and start again. There should be plenty of hands to help you at the North Dock.
Ric, yes—please add our 32CB "TOGETHER" to the boat list. Lyn and I are looking forward to meeting many new friends at the rendezvous. Also, can you advise me how to add a "signature" to my posts? Also, I'd like to add a picture of TOGETHER. I looked around the control panel, but could not find any way to add these elements to appear in our posts.
Last edited by ctlionsden on Mon May 31, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

I have added "Together" to the list. Remember, you still must contact EIM and make a reservation, the list is just so we have a head count. To set your signature and "avatar" (picture), go to "User Control Panel>Profile>Signature" and "User Control Panel>Profile>Avatar". The Avatar must be .jpg or .gif image file, 100px X 100px or smaller.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI

Return to “Fourth Annual New England AOG Rendezvous 2010”