• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 35 Command Bridge

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Gary Barnes
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Statesboro

Albin 35 Command Bridge

Post by Gary Barnes »

Good morning all,
I am Gary from Georgia, USA. My wife & I (mostly I) are looking to purchase our next boat. I am drawn to the Albin 35 Command Bridge. I have never stepped aboard an Albin but the things that I think that I like about the 35 Command Bridge are the single diesel for economic cruising & maintenance, the short climb from cockpit to bridge and a well designed floor plan. I have called about 2 35CBs in Florida. One has been sold and the other is under contract. 2 more 35CBs are listed on Yachtworld. One looks pretty rough and the other has a Cat diesel and I think that I prefer first a Cummins and second a Yanmar.

Anyway, thanks for the website & the info thereon. If anyone should know of an Albin 35 Command Bridge that is for sale please let me know. And I have not ruled out other single screw vessels up to 45' with decent size cockpits and relatively comfortable cruising accommodations. I invite your replies, advice, etc.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Albin 35 Command Bridge

Post by Jeremyvmd »

the 32+2 and the 35 are basically the same boat FYI. The big difference between the two is the cockpit size. on the 32+2 the "swim platform" is a hull extension the 35 moves the rear of the cockpit to the edge of the 32+2 swim platform later 32+2 and the 35.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Gary Barnes
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Gary Barnes »

Yep, I understand. What I cannot understand is why the 32+2 was designed as such to begin with. Why not have the extra 2 feet in the cockpit then add a swim platform. To me that would seem to be a much more practical utilization of space. Just my thoughts. Thanks for the post.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I prefer the 32+2 style to the 35, although they are both great. The solid platform and steps make it much more solid for something like diving, etc. luckily we have the option of chosing! Best of luck with your search
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Gary Barnes
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Gary Barnes »

Thanks so much.
Dr Luke
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Harbor Marina, Waretown, NJ

Post by Dr Luke »

If the age of the boat isn't a deciding factor (the 35's are obviously younger), keep the 32+2 in mind, especially if you deal with floating docks where you are. The very solid "+2" gives you an awesome and secure entry point to your vessel thru the stern gate, as opposed to straddling the side or disembarking onto steps on dock. I concur with my son's comments about swimming and diving (JeremyVMD), but add boarding a dingy being much easier and safer as well.
Paul

2000 32+2: Poco Loco
1992 Boston Whaler 23 Walkaround: UnLeashed
Deedee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Coal, FL

Post by Deedee »

We have an "04 35 CB ... one other difference is the CB has a storage area in the stern that the 32+2s don't have. The area goes the entire width of the boat up to the sliding door. One section is meant to be a live bait well (we use it for garbage) and the other area is storage. It's not dry but will hold fenders, lines, and an amazing amount of stuff. The dive platform - it's plenty sturdy. If you plan on putting a dingy davit system on the boat you would have to be mindful of the weight with the CB's platform. That was the only concern we had when deciding on which boat but haven't had any issue with our davit system.
Skylark54
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, FL

Post by Skylark54 »

I am looking to purchase a Albin 32+2. I am located in FL, but would be willing to look anywhere Midwest and east.
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

I owned a 35 CB for couple of years. Terrific boat. The 35 CB has several advantages over the 32+2. For one, the cockpit storage is vastly improved by the extra transom locker in the 35. Second, the hatches in the cockpit sole are bigger and better arrayed than the ones in the 32+2's. Lastly, I think the 35 CB simply looks better -- the hull is more attractive to me.

I believe the 32+2 was originally made shorter, and the boat ran extremely bow high. Albin added a 2' hull extension to make it ride more level and it worked.

The 35CB I owned had a Yanmar 440 and it was a good match for the boat. Ran smoothly and relatively quietly, with an easy 17 knot cruise. Could even cruise at 20 if required.

Good luck with your search.
John S.
Jamestown, RI

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”