• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

refrigerators on 32+2

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Riley Hollingsworth

refrigerators on 32+2

Post by Riley Hollingsworth »

Has anyone replaced a refrigerator on a mid galley 32+2 lately? I went to put in the new Norcold (DE-0040)the same Norcold model equivalent in my 1998, and even tho it was the same dimensions as the old one (DE 0040) it is encased in an aluminum cabinet instead of soft insulation, and so the curve of the hull makes it about 1/2 inch too deep. Any ideas? :(
Thanks!
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Idea:

Use the old unit as a template and trim the new unit an extra ¼ inch in the areas that need to be reshaped. This extra ¼ will allow for expansion of the unit due to heat and space for the use of refrigeration/air conditioning insulated duct tape to seal the cut openings. The insulated duct tape will also serve as a bumper in the space between the unit and the hull.

Suspect that there is only insulation under the aluminum panels and no wires or plumbing where the cuts would go. May have to remove the panels first in order to verify - in which case the trimming should go fairly easy.

Hopefully, there will be no structural issues where the cuts would go…

Good luck,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
Riley Hollingsworth

Post by Riley Hollingsworth »

Interesting--now that you mention it there was a hole the size of a quarter, covered with foil tape. I pulled it off and could see foam insulation. I bet that is where the housing was filled with foam insulation, and I can easily trim the bottom back corner, of course being careful not to nick any vital organns. Thanks for the tip!

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”