• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35 CB sits forward in water

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Captaintom

35 CB sits forward in water

Post by Captaintom »

I love my 2006 35 CB. The only problem is water lies in the cock pit just behind the cabin. About 1/2 inch deep covering about 18 inches of deck. Albin said that this is a problem with the 35. Do any of you have an idea on how to fix this?
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Short of adding a scupper or shifting a significant amount of weight aft, I can't think of any reasonable solution.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scupper

Post by RicM »

While this should not be something that you have to do, I don't think it would be a big job to drill a hole and either plumb 1/2" flex tubing down to some other drain. If there's no room to plumb, many fly bridges I have been on have openings at floot level so water just drains out and down the sides of the cabin.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Captaintom

Post by Captaintom »

Thanks. I think I will drill a scuper in each forward corner of the cockpit. Not a big deal but it should not be necessary. Albin needs to adress this.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scuppers

Post by RicM »

I'm sure Albin will tell you that there are so many variables in the way boats are set up (the 35 CB comes in 2 different layouts) and the way they are used by owners, gear added later, fuel load, water load etc etc that its not possible to anticipate every spot that water could collect. I know my 28TE collects water in the raised foot area in front of the mate's seat. It's kind of inconvenient but given the other good qualities of the boat it seems pretty minor.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Our boat collects a small amount of water in the footwell for the transom door. It's not really a problem except that it gets kind of dirty. I haven't done so, but a little piece of Dri-Deck would cover it up and keep your feet dry. On our last boat, the entire cockpit was covered with Dri-Deck and it was very nice. But we haven't yet felt the need to do that with this boat.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”