• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replace outside faucet in CB 32+2

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Replace outside faucet in CB 32+2

Post by thomaslong »

The outside sink faucet in our new (to us) CB 32+2 needs replacement. I can't figure out how to gain access to the fixture, because the drawers below are contained in a box below the sink. Has anyone done this before?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Replace outside faucet in CB 32+2

Post by Nancy »

Sounds like the drawer box may need to come out. Similar problem with the galley sink on the 28TE. Either remove the cupboard unit or the fridge to get access.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
jmfernan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Santa Barbara, CA

Post by jmfernan »

I recently pulled the storage cabinet on my 32+2. It is a plywood box screwed to two vertical cleats which are screwed to the fiberglass sink/baitwell unit.

Remove the cabinet drawers and you should see screws on the sides near the cabinet front (back of boat). Those closest to the front connect to the starboard trim, the screws about 1 inch deep go to the cleats. The screw sticking out in the photo below goes to the cleat (sorry photos are upside down). Unscrew them then the cabinet comes out as a unit, giving access to the livewell and sink plumbing. My livewell drain was leaking on the cabinet box so it was rotten. Easy rebuild with a 1/4 sheet of plywood, re-using the drawers and starboard pieces.

Alternatively you may be able to pull the metal sink up but I doubt you have enough hose to gain clearance.
Joe
1999 32+2
20180413_202411 (Large).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Post by thomaslong »

Thanks for the photos. Looks like I need to pull that box out to replace the faucet. I agree there is not going to be enough slack to replace from the top.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”