• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

cradle info for 32+2 on a LIft

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
MayhemII
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Merritt Island

Re: cradle info for 32+2 on a LIft

Post by MayhemII »

bigdishdoctor wrote:C8 x 3 x 4.15 6061-T6 aluminum channels facing inside running between the two cradle beams. see attached PDF
Hi,

Great pics and drawings. I am purchasing a 2000 32+2 and bringing her to Merritt Island in March. Working w/ a lift supplier to see if I can use my existing lift or if need to replace. I would like to copy your design if you are me doing so.

Quick question as well. Do you know where COG is on your 32+2? I have not found info. Need it to check out my lift pole location as they should be centered around the COG. Also, is your lift around 20,000 lbs and 14' wide?

Thanks for any help you can provide...
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Sebastian FL

Post by bigdishdoctor »

Rob,

My pilings are placed 12 x 14.5 feet. With 14.5 feet being the being the center distance port to stb. The CG is approx. and located between the two strap lift placards located near the rub rail. My lift is a Golden with a 24,000 lbs capacity. The boat weighs 18500 lbs fully loaded without crew.

BTW the boat is located at Capt Butchers marina in Sebastian if you want to take a look.

Steve
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

I just moved my 32 + 2 from Vero Beach last Wednesday. It was on a very nice lift and the family's estate probably would be interested in selling the lift? May try calling the yacht broker that handled the sale. Greg 772-475-1317. Mention that you got his name from Tom who just purchased "Simply Messing About". Good luck.
Tom A
32 + 2 "Arrivederci
MayhemII
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Merritt Island

Post by MayhemII »

Thanks Tom,

Just saw your note, Steve told me about it. I was just down to see his boat and lift. He has a great setup. I will give Greg a call.

Rob
32+2 "Yet to be renamed :) "
Farmer38
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Petersburg, FL

Post by Farmer38 »

What size motors/pounds of lift was used? What is the width of the pilings?

Thanks!
Jim & Deserie

2000 32+2 Island Waters
12' Flex Boat RIB
St Petersburg, FL
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Post by Sanatee »

Farmer38 wrote:What size motors/pounds of lift was used? What is the width of the pilings?

Thanks!
My lift is 20,000 lb. Pilings are about 16'. Note the crossbeams were installed vertically offset to handle the different depth along the keel. Works great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
Farmer38
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Petersburg, FL

Post by Farmer38 »

That looks great!
Jim & Deserie

2000 32+2 Island Waters