• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27 FC Big Brother - Albin 34

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Bryan3536

Albin 27 FC Big Brother - Albin 34

Post by Bryan3536 »

Hi All,

I'm new to this group, but have posted on the "other" group before. My father and I have been in the market for an Albin 27' for the last few months. We've been looking at both the FC and SC models, because we're torn between having two cabins (for kids and overnights) and having more space to entertain on deck.

During the course of our search, we've come across an Albin 34' which appears to be the big brother to the Albin 27' FC - two cabins, hard top, open cockpit in between, no fly bridge (not to be confused with the other Albin 34's out there, that are more traditional trawlers with a fly bridge). Seems to have been built in the mid-80's, single screw 210 Cummins. I've attached a picture of the one we're looking at (and yes, it needs work).

This is bigger than we were looking at, but we're looking into this model because it seems to give us the best of both worlds - larger deck space, two cabins, with a no fly bridge, lower profile.

There is precious little information on this particular model, and I was wondering if anyone in the group had one? Has anyone seen one in person? Thoughts, comments, pictures? I'd love to hear their impressions of the vessel, performance, utility, and to see some pictures of it in "good" shape. Do any of our Albin historians have an old catalog with the specs of this model that they can email me?

Many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Two Lauries
Deckhand
Deckhand

Albin 34

Post by Two Lauries »

See my post under the New Members forum - Two Lauries.
We recently bought the later variant of this boat with and enclosed central cabin and a command bridge.
We've only had it out for a couple of weekends so far but we are very happy with it.

Laurie
Two Lauries
1988 34 Albin Trawler
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

From what I can tell by looking at pictures on Yachtworld, the only difference between the two versions is that the cockpit is enclosed on one, and open on the other. And, in fact, there are a number of different variants, including fully enclosed, covered-but-open, and completely open. It seems that Albin was willing to build the boat however the buyer wanted it.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”