• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Genset Installation

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
stevediebold
First Mate
First Mate

Genset Installation

Post by stevediebold »

Hey everyone - new member here. Looking to install a Northern Lights 6kw genset on a 2003 35 CB and have some questions:

1. Anyone have this genset on their CB? Thoughts?
2. Do you know where in the engine room the seacock can be installed into all fiberglass vs. a cored area
3. For those that have a factory installed genset, where does the exhaust come out...stern or port?

Thanks.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I have a Norpro 6KW genny in mine. Wish I had gone smaller if only for a slight decrease in physical size. 6KW is really overkill. Could have installed a 5KW or even a 4KW & been just fine. Oh well, ignorance at the time.

You may already have a seacock installed in the area of the engine intake & bait prep pump on the stb side.

We installed the exhaust in the transom. Side discharge is fine until you find yourself rafting with others. Your genny shoots soot on the side of the boat next to you. You don't want to begin to think about the noise echoing between the 2 boats. :x
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi Steve,
Welcome the group!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
stevediebold
First Mate
First Mate

Post by stevediebold »

thanks for the welcome John and the info Beebyes
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Genset on 35

Post by Legacy »

The genset on my 35te was factory installed almost all the way in the stern. Good access on all sides based on the deck hatches. The exhaust is on the port side all the way aft. Unfortunately it does blow towards my neighbor. I think it's a 6kw Onan. Plenty of juice. Changing out impeller this week. If you'd like a photo, I'm sure I can get one. I assume the stringers are configured the same as in the 35CB.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Northern Lights Genset

Post by Doug »

I have a 4.5 kw Northern Lights generator that was installed several years after the boat was new. It seems to work fine. It is located in the aft part of the boat on the port side. The boat is a 1997 32+2 CB

Doug
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Northern Lights Genset

Post by Doug »

I have a 4.5 kw Northern Lights generator that was installed several years after the boat was new. It seems to work fine. It is located in the aft part of the boat on the port side. The boat is a 1997 32+2 CB

Doug

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”