• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bow Rail removal

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
stevediebold
First Mate
First Mate

Bow Rail removal

Post by stevediebold »

I need to take my bow rails off and rebed them. It looks like each stanchion has a backing plate that in certain areas of the boat is very difficult to get to. Has anyone had the bow rail removed, and if so, any suggestions?
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

If the CB is anything like our Express Trawler, I think they're virtually impossible to remove. They have a single threaded stud that protrudes from the bottom, which I believe is then secured with a nut from underneath. In most areas, these nuts are inaccessable, so I'm not really sure how you'd go about removing it. My recommendation would be to simply put some sealant around the edge of the plate to stop any leaking and leave it alone. If you have stanchions that are loose, the only way to fix it is to drill three new holes and use new screws or lag bolts.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”