• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

outboard motor location

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
gnj3

outboard motor location

Post by gnj3 »

I have just purchased a 1997 Albin 32+2. In starting to equip the boat for cruising I find myself looking for a logical place to carry the dinghy outboard motor.
I do not see any place that lends itself to easily carry the motor. Any suggestions out there?
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I carry my 2hp on the bar on the back of the bridge. The block it mounts on is the only exterior on the boat. The leg hangs down over the live bait bin. Not ideal but it works. Stores the motor vertical.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Don
Gold Member
Gold Member

outboard location

Post by Don »

Why not mount the outboard on a removable adjustable motor mount on the outside corner of the transom, so the engine is close to the dinghy? I am going to mount mine there .
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Sebastian FL

Post by bigdishdoctor »

I keep my dighy 3hp johnson motor between the motor and port side fuel tank. Works great and its out of the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

bigdishdoctor wrote:I keep my dighy 3hp johnson motor between the motor and port side fuel tank. Works great and its out of the way.
Not to mention pretty secure. No one would ever think to look there.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”