• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 35 Command Bridge

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Albin 35 Command Bridge

Post by jcollins »

Last edited by jcollins on Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

The interior of this boat seems to be very similar in some areas as our 36' Express Trawler. I assume they must use some of the same molds and parts.

However, I've never quite understood the Command Bridge models. It seems to me like they are a compromise between a pilothouse or express cruiser and a flybridge boat, but offer the disadvantages of both. I'm not criticizing here, but instead attempting to understand the appeal. I realize that everyone uses their boats differently and that's why there are so many different types. I know this much, the CB is a funny looking boat.
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Mariner,
I'm not a big fan of that extended roof over the cockpit. I guess you could put your dingy up there. I do like the boat myself. Doesn't seem to be as top heavy as a normal flybridge.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

The plan is to stiffen the roof and add a davit to put our kayaks and sailing dinghy up there. With all the rain we get here, the covered cockpit is a necessity. It could be canvas, sure, but a fiberglass roof will last longer.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

The 32+2CBs are unusual looking boats. Tery Compton, the designer, is English so I guess it has alot of acroos the pond thinking, though I've never seen anything European that looks like the 32+2 CBs. Swedish builder Coronet had something remotely similar in the late 60s. The 36 fast trawler is another example of his work. It looks like nothing else really. The 28TE cabin has a bit of the look of some of the English motor lifeboats.

It is NOT a typical flybridge cruiser. The bridgedeck is not even chest high off the cockpit. No 7' ladder to be climbing up & down. The sidedeck is only 2 steps down from the bridgedeck. Easy access for singlehanding. The engine controls & bowthruster can also be reached while standing on the sidedeck. Good if singlehanding & all you need is a 'touch' on way or another while anchoring or picking up a mooring. How many low 30s boats allow you to walk the sidedecks without having to hold on or walk like a crab?

The cabin is a few steps down from the cockpit. The great thing is, it is all ONE level. No going down into a hole to get to the berth like a typical FB boat. The boat can honestly sleep 5 ADULTS. The galley berth is larger than king sized. One of my favorite features is the 'waterview' from the fwd center queen berth.

Try finding this in anything else. A late night situation check is as easy as opening one eye.

A great cruising feature, besides 260gal just to feed one engine, is the freshwater capacity, 115gal. That is more than a Grand Banks 36 carrys.

The 32CB just looks 'funny'. We have had over 200 nights on ours since the spring of 2000. What looks 'different' is a very practical boat. :lol:
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
apage

re: Looks

Post by apage »

Hi:

The Command Bridge is also a full keel boat. It is powered with a single screw and offers a tremendous amount of deck space and easy access to the Bridge and below.

I met a gentleman who just took delivery of his. He is a long time sailor and most recently a Nordhaven guy. He liked the boat's functionality. He lowered the hardtop in his so that the enclosure did not sit so high up. It gave the boat a more compact look.

For the money, and if functionality is what you are looking for, this is a great boat.
Bsail18@aol.com
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Oyster Bay , New York

Re: Albin 35 Command Bridge

Post by Bsail18@aol.com »

Plumbing diagram for Albin 35 CB ??
Trying to figure out where all the seacocks anf thru hulls go ..especially trying to find the seacock attached to manual head .
Thank you
Rhonda
dmorlo52
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New London, CT

Post by dmorlo52 »

Hello Rhonda,

I have 35TE with vacu flush head and seacock is under cockpit floor center storage bin. Also in this area is seacock for seawater wash and generator raw water for cooling. Seacock for engine seawater is mid engine starboard side and AC seacock is forward of engine starboard side. Hope this helps. ps manual head should still flush to holding tank and near holding tank should be the seacock.

David
Winedown
35TE 6LY2A-STP (440HP)
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Bsail18@aol.com wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:47 pm Plumbing diagram for Albin 35 CB ??
Trying to figure out where all the seacocks anf thru hulls go ..especially trying to find the seacock attached to manual head .
Thank you
Rhonda
Hello,
You are replying to a post from 2006. I recommend starting a new post with your question. You may get better results.

Thanks!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Bsail18@aol.com
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Oyster Bay , New York

Post by Bsail18@aol.com »

Thank you

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”