• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

raw water pump access

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Sebastian FL

raw water pump access

Post by bigdishdoctor »

I have a Cummins 370b with the 6" exhaust hose wrapping around the motor which blocks access to the raw water pump. To improve raw water pump access as well as the starboard side of the motor I have added to two exhaust hose flanges. These flanges are stainless steel with o-ring seals and are easily removed for quick access to the sb side of the motor. I have attach a picture showing the flanges.

PS - I have more pictures to show but the allocated file size won't allow me to post them.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Raw Water Pump Access

Post by Doug »

Steve,
Please send me the pictures. We have the same engine with the same problem. This seems like a great idea. Did you do this in 2 seperate places, so a section of the exhaust can be removed?
Where did you get the flanges.

Thanks,
Doug
dfullsail@yahoo.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

PS - I have more pictures to show but the allocated file size won't allow me to post them
Hi Steve,
You can always check your available upload space within your profile.

Within any message click on the "profile" button at the bottom. Then click on user attachment control panel.

Thanks,
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate

I'll try again

Post by bigdishdoctor »

Yes, there are two flange assemblies. They are custom made to my drawings and were a life saver on recent trip to the Keys when a new impeller spun it's hub and had to be replaced in the ICW.

More pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Raw water pump Access

Post by Doug »

Could you give us the name of the company that made the flanges? I would like to do the project, and if others are also interested, maybe we can get several flanges made. It looks like the exhaust hose might slip off the aft (muffler) end of the hose, but maybe not? How far was the aft flange placed from the exhaust to hose coupling? How long is the section that can now be removed?

Thanks for this great tip.

Doug
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Raw water pump Access

Post by Doug »

Could you give us the name of the company that made the flanges? I would like to do the project, and if others are also interested, maybe we can get several flanges made. It looks like the exhaust hose might slip off the aft (muffler) end of the hose, but maybe not? How far was the aft flange placed from the exhaust to hose coupling? How long is the section that can now be removed?

Thanks for this great tip.

Doug
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate

flange fabrication cost

Post by bigdishdoctor »

I sent the drawings to a couple fabricators including the company that made mine. First, the flanges are made from 300 series stainless steel welded and machined for a precission water tight fit. You need two flange assemblies per motor to allow direct removal of the exhaust section. The lowest bid came in at $500 per assembly or $1000 per motor including hardware, o-rings, instructions and clamps plus tax and shipping.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a set. Quanity discounts may be possible depending on the quanity ordered.

Steve
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”