• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Adding a Freezer under the bed

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Adding a Freezer under the bed

Post by Doug »

Our boat has the island bed foward. There is quite a large unused area under the aft end of the bed. I am thinking of removing the 2 drawers, relocating the AC vent and installing a portable 12 /110 volt Freezer / Refrigerator. Engel, Waeco and several others make these units. I wil need to cut some holes on each side for vents. The existing 2 very small freezer compartment are just not enough for any extended cruising.

I will probably also add a door in order to gain usefull storage space.
Any thought on this project?
Doug
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: Adding a Freezer under the bed

Post by Veebyes2 »

My 96 32 has nothing under the bed except the AC unit. Don't even have drawers. I keep stuff that is hardly ever touched under there such as parts.

The best freezer install I have ever seen is on the boat of one of our less active members with a 97 32+2. A previous owner did away with one of the usesless fridges & installed a top loading freezer below the coffee maker.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”