• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

chart table

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Don
Gold Member
Gold Member

chart table

Post by Don »

I own a 1989 32' sportfisher and I have been trying to think of how to add a chart table to the helm area.There is no place at the helm to lay out the charts while cruising.Has anyone built a chart table( portable or fixed ) which will make it possible to refer to a chart while cruising ?
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: chart table

Post by Veebyes2 »

On the very rare occasion that I have had a chart at the helm. I have it folded to where I want to see it & chuck it forward of the panel. To build something that folds from the side of the panel or folds down from the front looks like an awful lot of work.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

When I cruised from Michigan to Rhode Island I did not ever feel a need for a chart table. I mostly used chart books, and they had enough stiffness to be usable on my lap. Of course, the primary source of navigational info was the Garmin 3010C chartplotter/GPS, although most of the Erie Canal is either uncharted or shows up incorrectly on the GPS -- it shows your boat cruising along on land about 200 yards off the canal in many places.

The helm area is so snug on the 32+2/35CB I am not sure I would want to add a chart table.
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Post by jprohan »

I have same boat...installed a starboard cutting board with shelf brackets (Home Depot) that you lift up and the shelf folds down. A couple inexpensive clamps to keep the charts in place, and you are set. Been to FL, the Bahamas and Back to NY...works fine

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”