• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Overland trucking clearances for CB32/32+2

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Freedom

Overland trucking clearances for CB32/32+2

Post by Freedom »

We're seriously considering buying a CB32 or 32+2, and one of our wishes is to bring it home from the boat yard so my husband can work on it. We live about 5 miles away. We don't have to go through any tunnels, just have to worry about telephone and electric lines. Our previous boat was a Monk 36, and it never came home.

Does anyone know what the height is from top to bottom? ( Sorry if my vocabulary isn't very nautical. It's very early in the season. It always takes me some time to remember the lingo! )

Leslie
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: Overland trucking clearances for CB32/32+2

Post by powerboater56 »

The height will depend on whether the boat has a hardtop, and whether it has stuff on top of the hardtop like radar dome, TV antenna and so forth.

When my 35 CB was trucked from Maryland to a yard in Michigan, the hard top had to be taken off for the trip. I assume that was for bridges and/or tunnels.

Afloat with hard top and a radar dome, I slid under bridges that had 15-1/2' clearance on the Erie Canal with about 1-1/2 feet to spare. And the boat draws almost 4', so a casual measurement indicates the total height of the boat is is close to 18' including hard top and electronics. The 32+2 and 35 CB are the same height. Of course, you have to add the height off the ground when it is on a trailer to the 18' height.

John S.
Albin 35 CB "OTTER"

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”