• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

albin 32 vs albin 32+2?

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Re: albin 32 vs albin 32+2?

Post by jruesr »

Chuck, I spent two nights at Treasure Island Yacht Club on Halloween and enjoyed your area. Didn't see your boat. We also spent three nights at Caladese State Park on the same trip. We were at Cape harbor two days ago. We have not decided whether we will attend the albin meeting by car or boat or not at all. We have a conflict.

You have a beautiful boat and I see you solved the stairway issue but I still like four steps better. See attached phots of a 32 and a 35. For my wife and I, this is all we want to deal with in a choppy sea or for that matter at the dock. We both did well.

A note on the 35 CB, I just returned from Cape Harbor with a 35 CB. We both have the same engine ( 2004 Cummins 6bta370). I cruised at 15 kts at 2200 rpm. He needs about 2500 rpm to make the same speed. Also the CB 35 likes to go at about 12 kts. My boat does not like to go that slow.

John
Passages III
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
GrandAl
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Homer, AK

Post by GrandAl »

Well, for what it's worth, I have a 1990 32' sportfisher, and compared to other boats, it IS squirrely in following seas, and I DO have to run with my trim tabs almost fully extended to stay trim. I've actually been thinking quite a bit about making it a "+2." Did Albin extend the running gear any on the +2 models, or just the swim step area?
tmere
Mate
Mate

Post by tmere »

What is the range of a 32+2 with the Yanmar? Is thier room to add 50 gallon tank?

Thanks

DT

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”