• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacement Refigerator Stupid Question

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Seaslug44
Gold Member
Gold Member

Replacement Refigerator Stupid Question

Post by Seaslug44 »

I ordered a replacement refigerator that arrived at my house yesterday. Stupid question- is it just my imagination or does this thing look like it may not fit through the cabin doors to get it into the forward cabin??
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Replacement Refigerator Stupid Question

Post by jcollins »

I read before where folks had to remove the doors to get a refrigerator in.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Seaslug44
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Seaslug44 »

jcollins wrote:I read before where folks had to remove the doors to get a refrigerator in.
Would not mind that but even with the outside door removed the opening is still over an inch or two too small. Looks like there is wood molding I can possibly remove around that outside doorway but the inside one... well that seems impossible as the door is built into the cabin wall divider.
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Post by jruesr »

The largest opening into my forward cabin is through the forward hatch. It measures 24 inch square without removing the frame. I would speculate that the opening would be 25 inch square or a bit more if the frame was removed. My refrigerator must have come in this way because its 25 inches wide.

Hope you have solved this already.

1990 albin 32 - forward galley layout
Passages III
John
BlackWidow
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Hoopers Island, MD

Post by BlackWidow »

This advice comes from my A/C repair guy. The old 'fridge must be disassembled to be removed through the cabin door. To get the new 'fridge in, it must also be disassembled, brought inside piece by piece, and then reassembled and installed. This is not supposed to be a big deal for a A/C-Refridgeration mechanic who knows what he's doing.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”