• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

add a gen set to 35 cb?

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

add a gen set to 35 cb?

Post by erice »

i've looked at a couple of 35 cb's and 32+2 cb's that don't have gen sets. how much work is it to add one to these boats? cost for installation (parts, labor, fabrication of exhaust port through hull, etc. thanks for the info.
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: add a gen set to 35 cb?

Post by powerboater56 »

I suggest you call Ken Hilton at Standish Boatyard in Tiverton, RI. He has installed generators on those models and should have a pretty fair idea of cost.

When I asked him about the cost to install a generator on a 32+2 several years ago I think the number was about $12,000. I ended up buying a 35 CB with a generator installed.

I have a Northern Light generator -- either 6 kw or 8 kw -- and it seems pretty quiet and smooth. I have not used it much at all, however.
John S.
Jamestown, RI
DestinSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Destin, FL

Re: add a gen set to 35 cb?

Post by DestinSteve »

I am also looking at some boats without a generator. To install a Northern Lights like most Albins came with from the factory I was quoted this week $13,500. This included the haul out.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”