• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dinghy question

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Plane2sea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg, FL

Dinghy question

Post by Plane2sea »

We have a 1997 32+2 CB and are trying to figure out the best dinghy arrangement for us. It seems from the forums that most are standing an inflatable on the swim step, but that would block access and block the name and homeport on the stern. I'm looking for an alternative and was wondering if anyone has tried a Portabote - a 10 or 12' model? I'm thinking that it could be stored flat, bungied against the side rails and be out of the way, but this is speculation. Has anyone tried it?
"Plane2Sea"
32+2 CB
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dinghy question

Post by RicM »

Snap on Weaver Davitts have the added benefit of stabilizing the dingy to the swim platform as you enter and exit. The folks I know stencil their boat name on the bottom of the dingy so when the dink swings up the name on the bottom shows.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Plane2sea wrote:We have a 1997 32+2 CB and are trying to figure out the best dinghy arrangement for us. It seems from the forums that most are standing an inflatable on the swim step, but that would block access and block the name and homeport on the stern. I'm looking for an alternative and was wondering if anyone has tried a Portabote - a 10 or 12' model? I'm thinking that it could be stored flat, bungied against the side rails and be out of the way, but this is speculation. Has anyone tried it?
I read a post around here that one of our members has a Portabote with a eletric motor on the their 31. Very stealth around the anchorage.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Doug »

RicM wrote:Snap on Weaver Davitts have the added benefit of stabilizing the dingy to the swim platform as you enter and exit. The folks I know stencil their boat name on the bottom of the dingy so when the dink swings up the name on the bottom shows.
I have a complete set of Weaver Davitts, including the tilting outboard part if anyone is interested in purchasing all of this.
Doug Fuller
RELAX'N
1997 32+2 CB
St. Peterburg, FL
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

I am! PM me or e-mail to ric at ricmurray.com.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Post by Al O Fish Us »

If things don't work out with Ric I'm interested toio email Jimoverton-at-hotmail dot com. I'm looking fior snap davits on swim platform. We are in Punta gorda Florida.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Let the bidding begin!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)