• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

marina water hookup

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
sailnomore
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: BSM, Punta Gorda, FL

marina water hookup

Post by sailnomore »

Just returned from our first cruise in our, new to us, 35 Albin Command Bridge. Attached our fresh water hose to the marina water hookup but nothing happened. We called the former owner but he had never used it. Is there a valve somewhere to turn, if so, where is it. Our Albin is wonderful.
Tom Willer
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: marina water hookup

Post by Veebyes2 »

Never used the city water inlet in mine either. My eyes have been EVERYWHERE in the boat. Can't say I have seen a valve anywhere. There must be one. I also have a RV & there is a valve, conveniently located, to switch from city to internal tank.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

No valve on my 2000 28TE. It's just tee'd into the cold water pipe running to the transom shower.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Wondering if there was a hookup for shore water, would some sort of pressure reducer be required? I would think it would not be a pretty situation if the tanks or hoses blew out due to an excessive shore water pressure,
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

zinbaad wrote:Wondering if there was a hookup for shore water, would some sort of pressure reducer be required? I would think it would not be a pretty situation if the tanks or hoses blew out due to an excessive shore water pressure,
They certainly do reduce the pressure, some down to 40psi, others as low as 25psi.

Here's an example:

http://www.iboats.com/Jabsco-Water-Pres ... w_id.38784
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

I Knew I could count on you for the solution Rob...Now if the tank or hose blew out onboard would that attachment also prevent an accidental flooding??
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

No sir. That would be neat, if it could sense continuous flow for a preset time, like 5 minutes, and then shut off. I use the dockside water setup when I go to transient marinas but I do shut the water supply hose off when I leave the boat.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Can't give you the link right now. The laptop with the bookmark is presently in the US & I am in Bermuda. Anyway, there is a company that supplys RV parts, I think it is in Oregon, which has regulators that go on the hose. A basic reducer is about $15? A variable, with guage, goes for about $45 I think.

It is not difficult to determine if you need to use a reducer or not. Turn the supply tap on. If it blasts out with force, put the reducer on. If not, don't bother. A permanently mounted reducer will take poor pressure & make it weaker.

I wonder why boats don't have gate valves for water & RVs do? RV water pressure systems are supposedly good for 80 PSI. Don't know if there is any such standard in the marine industry.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

On my 28 TE when you hook up the city water there is no apparent difference in function. Just turn off the "fresh water" pump and get real, steady, smooth water pressure. No valves or adjustment necessary. Only a fool leaves a city water hookup pressurized anywhere in their boat any time they are not aboard, conscious and aware. There WILL always be a failure, the question is when. The city water will always win over the best bilge pumps. No company would be crazy enough to produce a product that would claim to prevent this event, they will always end up getting sued out of business. A simple shutoff dockside solves all the questions.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
sailnomore
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: BSM, Punta Gorda, FL

Post by sailnomore »

Thanks so much for all of your replies. We'll check this out on our next cruise.
Tom Willer

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”