• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bridge Seating

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
ppickerell

Bridge Seating

Post by ppickerell »

I saw a post here about modifying the bridge cushions for sleeping. My problem is, my wife hates riding on the bridge on the passenger side as you cannot see over the windshield. Has anyone mounted any elevated seating in this area?
Thanks,
Patrick
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

My Admiral either perches herself on top of the storage locker we use to stre lines or she drives & I have to find somewhere to sit or something to do while underway.

What works well is the seat filler cushion, pictured elsewhere here, that sits ontop of the storage locker & the round seatback cushion.

We are seldom underway for more than an hour during which time she is usually either putting stuff away as we are outbound at the beginning of a weekend or getting the boat ready to be put back on the mooring on our way back after a weekend.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
ppickerell

Post by ppickerell »

We cruise from Pier 39 in SF to Pt Reyes, we cruise to Petaluma and Napa and Delta locations, so we can be underway for hours typically. So I am looking for an "engineered" solution.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Veebyes2 »

Hmmmm, OK. Don't use the cushions or cushion back. Get a folding deckchair. Tie it to windshield rail so that it can't move...much.

It may not be yacht club pretty but it would work.

We used to tie a couple of plastic sand chairs on the roof of our A27 AC. Looked wierd but it was nice riding up there. We would make one of the kids drive.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Veebyes2 wrote:...

We used to tie a couple of plastic sand chairs on the roof of our A27 AC. Looked wierd but it was nice riding up there. We would make one of the kids drive.
Sounds like the Bermuda version of a Thanksgiving Day parade! You and the admiral waving to the other boaters as you go by! :P
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
ppickerell

Post by ppickerell »

Not interested in elitist yacht club styling, but need pro install capable of handing pacific ocean nastiness!
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

seating

Post by AlMar »

Add a seatbelt, and by all means, send pictures :lol:
AlMar
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Veebyes2 »

OK. Enough of the cheap & nasty ways. Let's spend some $$$.

There are flush mount cockpit fighting chair mounts for fishingboats.
when not in use the regular seat cushions will go right ontop of it.

The downside is that part of it will protrude into the cabin below. This should not be a problem as the clearance above the galley is very high.

You might find something here http://www.arrigonidesign.com/

Here is the sand chair set up. No good for the 32 but can work on the 28 & other hard tops.

It looks funny. So what!
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”