• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

propeller shaft diameter 35 Command Bridge

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
58speedster
Swabby
Swabby

propeller shaft diameter 35 Command Bridge

Post by 58speedster »

I have a 2003 Command Bridge and need to know the prop shaft diameter for this boat. Also, did the Albins come with owners manuals. Any help is appreciated. 58 speedster
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: propeller shaft diameter 35 Command Bridge

Post by zinbaad »

Not sure what the shaft on the 35 is but my 31 te with twins has two 1 3/4" shafts Most other vessels in our size range seem to use the 1 1/2 shafts.. Our Albins seem to be constructed real solid. I have been looking fora spare set of props 20x20 but the only ones I see with 1 3/4 shafts seem to be 24, 26 and larger. ALBIN, BUILT SOLID
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Did you have a survey done when you purchased the boat? Shaft and prop sizes should be listed.

Like Zinbaad I also have 1-3/4 shafts on my boat, with twin 370hp engines. Your shaft(s) are probably the same if the engine is in the same general HP range. If you're running one of the bigger singles putting out 450hp your shaft would possibly be larger.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
58speedster
Swabby
Swabby

Post by 58speedster »

Thanks Doug. I did have a survey done but some of the information has been in question after examination. My boat came with a Cat engine rated at 400 hp spinning a 22" four blade prop. Randy 58speedster
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Glad to help Randy,

With a 400 there's a decent chance you have a 1-3/4. What did the survey say?

I'm assuming the boat is in the water or you'd be measuring! :-) But, if you've forgotten your geometry, a 1-3/4" shaft has a circumfrence of ~5.4977".

As for an owner's manual...no. Albin's did not come with one. So using the web, AOG, and any manuals that DID come with the boat many of us make our own. My old 28 had a nicely prepared binder and I'm in the process of creating one for our new 35. So, ask questions and search the site and I'm sure we can get you whatever information you may need.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
bob p

Post by bob p »

I have the 2004 35' Command Bridge with the 370 Yanmar and it has a 1 3/4" shaft.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”