• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

32+2 vs 35

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
tmere
Mate
Mate

32+2 vs 35

Post by tmere »

Been a while since I've posted. We bought a 98 32 and went thru complete overhaul in Freeport Texas. We cruised to South Texas back to Mobile and then up to Florence Alabama. Sold the boat in Alabama and now looking for 35 CB. Finding the 32+2 is higher priced than a 35. We were happy with 32 but found fuel capacity lacking. When we started up Tombigbe I carried two drums of fuel. Very messy...

Any info as to price difference? Like the extra space in 35 but cannot understand why the 32+2 has a higher resale.

Any help is appreciated

DT
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: 32+2 vs 35

Post by Veebyes2 »

I don't think there are many 35s. Saw one under construction shortly before Albin went bust. Can't give an answer to price difference. JMO, but I think the 32+2 is a better looking boat proportion wise. The 35 cockpit is massive.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Post by jprohan »

Was surprised to see fuel capacity was an issue? Our 32 (1990) hold 280 gallons and that goes a LONG ways. FL to the Abacos; 6 weeks cruising; and I could have made it back; but I took 100 gallons at West End just to be safe.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Tmere: The CB and the 35TE appealed to me during my search. It is true that the 35te cockpit is large.
Personally the extra room is nice/ and if you can find the down galley it makes for a really confrontable boat. The 35Te up galley has the advanatge of twin beds but you lose the galley below but gain a nice up galley. They may be hard to find, but a 35TE Sportfisher gives you the visbility of the CB as it's flybridge is great. Don't write off the search for a 35te. I love the boat. If you would like some interior photos send me a private message. I can forward but still have difficulty posting to the site.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfsher/Conv.
"Nibbles" Ancortes, Wa.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”