• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

32 Command Bridge helm visibility

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

32 Command Bridge helm visibility

Post by Nancy »

We've been looking at Command Bridge 32's and 32+2's. What's your experience with visibility in foul weather and at night? It seems that all these boats have soft enclosures. Can you see all right in the dark or when the weather gets ugly? What type of clear material do you like and dislike? How often do you have to replace it?

It seems like it must work or I'd be seeing boats with modified enclosures. We had a boat with clear vinyl, and never liked looking through it. Maybe we didn't use good enough material.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: 32 Command Bridge helm visibility

Post by RobS »

I have a 28TE, not a CB32. Having an eisenglass with an unzip & rollup window in front of you at night in my opinion is the best option. Any glass, soft or fixed, in front of you at night is problematic. I used to go out at night all the time but with my 28TE I very seldom go out at night. I hate looking through the glass and just mainly rely on my radar and what I can see by looking under the center opening pane with it raised to it's highest point.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Re: 32 Command Bridge helm visibility

Post by jprohan »

Yes Rob, I agree re looking thru eisenglass at night. I usually roll mine up and suffer if it's cold; but at least I can see clearly. Another good reason to become familiar with your electronics, especially radar, during daylight hours. At night, or in fog, when you need them, you want to be super comfortable with them.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”