• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35CB

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
bfay007

35CB

Post by bfay007 »

Hi Everyone -

I am very interested in a 35CB. I've read everything I can find, and looked at all the pics I can find. It seems like it would suite my needs fairly well. The only problem so far is that I've never actually seen one! Is there anyone in Maryland that has one - and would be willing to give a tour. Lunch would be on me!

Thanks...
Bob
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Good luck at finding one in the CB. The easiest thing to do may be to find a 32+2. I know where a CB 32+2 is but I'll let the owner chyme in here if he wants.

Except for minor tinkering from one model year to the next the cabin layout has been the same since 1995.

Basically a 35CB is nothing more than a 32+2 with the transom extended out to were the end of the platform is. The cockpit is massive for a 35.

I had a look at a 35 nearing completion at the Bristol plant early October.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
bfay007

35CB

Post by bfay007 »

Hi Veebyes2,

Thanks for the reply. I figured it would be tough to find one around here, though a peek at the 32+2 would be great. I'll keep my fingers crossed I can see one before taking a road trip to check out the closest one.

I've read most of your posts on this board and others re: the 32+2 - if I end up with one - you should get the commision as your posts have done a great job in peaking my interest!

Thanks again,
Bob
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

bfay007
I have a 35cb in Deltaville. She's on the hard and winterized but I'd by happy to give you a tour sometime. Mine is an '03 with a 370 Cummins.
Drop me an email if you are interested in a walk thru, always looking for an excuse to go to the boat; bnoft@comcast.net
bfay007

Post by bfay007 »

Hi Bill -

Awesome offer - thank you. I will surely take you up on it after the holidays. I am really looking forward to seeing one in person.

I have a couple of questions too - I hope you don't mind me asking...

With the 370s, what is the cruise speed and GPH?
How is access to the engine compartment/strainers, etc. Is it an easy boat to winterize and do most routine maintenance?

Is there anything you don't like about it after owning it for a while?

Thanks again for your offer - I'm sure I'll have more questions!
Bob
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

Mineis a single 370, I think most if not all CBs are single engine; we cruise at 16-18 knots with fuel burn of about 12 gph. Engine access is OK, filters are readily accessable. My '03 has 3 cockpit hatches, newer ('05?) boats have a single hydraulic hatch. batteries are accessed in the salon, under the aft settee and under the table. I added a dedicated starting battery in the cockpit aft of the engine.
I put hinges on the hatch under the table so it could be "rolled" to port instaed of having to take it down for access.
Shortcommings? It is a boat so there are compromises, the open salon of a trawler is nice but I'm not retired so 7-8 knots is too slow for now. A second stateroom would be nice but thie is perfect for my wife & me.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I would not want to see two engine in the 35. Access is tight enough as is with a single. Try getting to the starter. Getting the raw water pump off is no fun. Getting at the air filter is a challenge. Day to day fluid checks are easy enough. All that awkward access to other things equals more mechanic time $$$$$ to do simple tasks.

Of course all of this is no worse than access to any modern car or truck engine with all of its plumbing & electronics. The day of the 'do it yourself' backyard/boatyard mechanic are over for all but the simplest of tasks.

Sooner or later my engine will need to be removed for a routine major service. When that happens the tanks are coming out too & being cut down in size. As is the 32 carrys a HUGE amount of fuel for a single in a 32. My boating habits have us using the boat every weekend late May to the end of Nov but we only need to visit the fuel dock twice a season.

I'd much rather have engine compartment access space than fuel space.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
superfeet

Re: 35CB /// See your request, if you need to see more pleas

Post by superfeet »

bfay007 wrote:Hi Everyone -

I am very interested in a 35CB. I've read everything I can find, and looked at all the pics I can find. It seems like it would suite my needs fairly well. The only problem so far is that I've never actually seen one! Is there anyone in Maryland that has one - and would be willing to give a tour. Lunch would be on me!

Thanks...
Bob
Hi Bob,

See your request, if you need to see more please visit:
<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>
No direct advertising is allowed. If you are interested in your own forum please contact the administrator.

JC
superfeet

Sorry, I only give BOB a informative weblink, so he can se

Post by superfeet »

Nobody tell me to NOT put a weblink in - your reg. tell me to do so when I fill in the (my) members info.

Thanks , I stop here and never come back... (cens*r) ...!?

I think the web world was FREE to inform about Albin, but my misstake..

Humble little human.

/ superfeet
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Quote "Although any advertiser is welcome to join Albin Owners Group, I ask that you do not try to solicit business via the forum discussions. Links to your websites will be removed by the moderators.
If any advertiser would like their own forum to promote products and services please contact the administrator. "
End Quote

I truly wish you would reconsider never coming back. I'm sure your knowledge would be appreciated. But, that is your choice.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”