• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Leaking Shaft Tube near Keel. -Need Help!

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Seaslug44
Gold Member
Gold Member

Leaking Shaft Tube near Keel. -Need Help!

Post by Seaslug44 »

Help!

When my 32' Sportfisher was launched the boat yard heard water coming in from under the motor. It appears that there is a leak in the connection between the fiberglass shaft tube and where it enters the hull through the keel under the motor.

Outside the boat all we can see is the bronze connector plate behind the keel panels. There is no damage. Inside the boat I am told that there is no way to visualize where the leak is coming in because there is a fiberglass shelf over the keel right above that access point and the motor is in the way. I am being told that the only way to troubleshoot this leak is to spend $5k to remove the engine/transmission.

Does this sound right?

Anyone have any photos of what the hull, keel and shaft tube look like at this access point?
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Re: Leaking Shaft Tube near Keel. -Need Help!

Post by jruesr »

Seaslug - Your posting is very old. I hope you have this issue solved by now. If not then send me a communication on the issue. I have lots of pics from a friends boat that had a similar problem. Removing the engine is not my choice. for this at all.

John

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”