• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Water Pump Impeller Change 3116 Cat

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Nordic Spirit
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Water Pump Impeller Change 3116 Cat

Post by Nordic Spirit »

What is the best way to change the impeller on a 32' Command Bridge, 1992 vintage. It seems difficult to remove the 6" exhaust hose just to be able to reach the pump. Any advice would be helpful. Also, my temp gauge reads about 205 degrees at 2400 rpm's. Is that common with the 3116 Cats? At lower speeds the temperature is around 190 degrees and the water flow appears to be sufficient.
Joe
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lake Champlain, South Hero, Vermont & Venice Florida

Re: Water Pump Impeller Change 3116 Cat

Post by Joe »

There's no easy way to change the water pump impeller. It's a two person job to get it done in a reasonable time. I hired a mechanic who had done it before and worked with him, a third hand was very helpful. As for overheating, the 190 seems good, my cat stays there. However I never run it above 2,200 RPMs for more than a short while.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Water Pump Impeller Change 3116 Cat

Post by DougSea »

Can't comment on the impeller change but I do have a good friend with twin 3116's and he's running right around 185. 205 sounds high.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”