• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hull ID location on 32

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
dansitarz
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Key West FL

Hull ID location on 32

Post by dansitarz »

We recently bought a 1996 Albin 32 (Hull ID AUL32167H596). This may sound stupid, but I don't know where on the boat the hull id# is located. I've had numerous boats, but I can't seem to find this hull ID in the usual locations. Thanks for any help.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Hull ID location on 32

Post by DougSea »

It "should" be high on the transom on the righthand side. If not there then just "around the corner" high on the aft end of the starboard side. Your boat's not nearly so old that it wouldn't be there.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Hull ID location on 32

Post by Pitou »

Doug is right about the location. If your boat has been painted it may have been filled in when sprayed. The Coast Guard requires the hull id to be etched/stamped on a secondary location as well. On my former 28 the 2nd location was in the cabin behind the forward port side galley cushion on the bow flare. Funny thing with that was that it matched the one on the stern except the layup month was the following month of the one on the transom. One piece built one month the next in the following.

I'd consider etching the transom which will make Coastie boardings run a bit smoother.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”