• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Command bridge plexiglass

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
flyboyjack
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Punta Gorda, FL

Command bridge plexiglass

Post by flyboyjack »

Well it looks pretty certain that by the end of this week, we should be owners of a 32/2 CB. The plexiglass panel that runs at the bottom of the isinglass enclosure, is not only very cloudy and opaque, but has so many cracks that it will be impossible to stop drill them to prevent more cracking. Is this a readily reproduced item from a shop or is it a specially designed piece that needs to be acquired elsewhere? (I assume this is a splash shield of sorts?).

Flyboyjack
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Re: Command bridge plexiglass

Post by jruesr »

Hi Jack,
We have not met but my address is also Punta Gorda. I replaced all by Plexiglass panels. I collected used and cracked golf cart windshields from the repair shops. The shops just throw them away. I cut them to fit with a band saw and drilled the needed holes with a heart shaped masonery bit. The band saw and this exact bit is the secret. My cost was zero and they work and look great. Also I used a heat gun to bend those that had to have shape.

John Rue
zeke46
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ipswich, MA

Post by zeke46 »

jruesr wrote:Hi Jack,
We have not met but my address is also Punta Gorda. I replaced all by Plexiglass panels. I collected used and cracked golf cart windshields from the repair shops. The shops just throw them away. I cut them to fit with a band saw and drilled the needed holes with a heart shaped masonery bit. The band saw and this exact bit is the secret. My cost was zero and they work and look great. Also I used a heat gun to bend those that had to have shape.

John Rue
John, could you provide a link to the masonry bit you used? I too am interested in changing the plexiglass. Thanks.
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

Jack, I too reside in Punta Gorda and own a 1999 32 + 2. What boat did you purchase. Attached are some photos oftt the Stratglass panels our canvas installer did over in Stuart in February. I've seen these same panels installed on other boats as well. They look and work great. Hope to see you at this years spring rendezvous at the Burnt Store marina. If you want to see the panels on my boat send me a private email. see the attached photo's.TomA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Bsail18@aol.com
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Oyster Bay , New York

Post by Bsail18@aol.com »

Looks great !!

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”