• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1989 32SF Hull Info

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
stagalv

1989 32SF Hull Info

Post by stagalv »

I have read around here on the site and was not able to answer my question. Is the hull on this boat fully cored or only the hull sides cored?

Any problems going on with the cored sections of the hull?

What was the coring material?

Thanks, :?:
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I have found it hard to determine this information as well. But, from what I can gather, it sounds as if a boat of that age was probably balsa cored all the way down. The very fact that no one at Albin or their dealer network has come out and said "NO they're not" leads me to believe that they probably are.

However, on a positive side, I have not heard of ANY problems with the coring in these boats. They seem to be remarkably well sealed. Obviously, it would be easy to find out once and for all by drilling a core sample, which apparently no one has done yet.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I can verify that the 96 is balsa cored below the waterline. Can't recall noticing any balsa above the WL.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Boy that seems bass-ackwards, doesn't it?

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”