• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking at 1993 Albin 32

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Ronbo
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: CT

Looking at 1993 Albin 32

Post by Ronbo »

We looked at a 1993 Albin 32. The boat appears to need a lot of cosmetics, the instrument panel has faded so badly, you can't tell what switch controls what, and in general, somewhat neglected overall. CAT 3116 w/ 1400 hrs. We have a Golden Retriever , and would need to add a swim platform to make this boat usable for us ( the dog :D ). I have no idea what the transom is made of and don't know if it would be a good idea to add a swim platform to this boat, or the best way to do it.
Any comments/ideas would be helpful. Been wanting an Albin for a long time. Thanks
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Re: Looking at 1993 Albin 32

Post by jruesr »

I have a 1990 Albin 32. My transom is solid fiberglass. I have drilled holes for through hulls etc and am quite sure of this. I have a swim platform. You can add one if you want. I like mine but they are not good for fishing.

Best wishes with your new boat.

John
Passages3
dansitarz
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Key West FL

Re: Looking at 1993 Albin 32

Post by dansitarz »

Have an 1996 Albin 32 Command Bridge. also have a swim platform and it is very solid. No problem. Good luck. Albins are very well-built, solid boats. The transom on a 32 will easily support a good quality swim platform.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”