• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Stove/Oven conversion

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Sebastian FL

Stove/Oven conversion

Post by bigdishdoctor »

Never used the oven and hardly ever the stove burners. Decided I needed a liquor cabinet and induction top instead. Using the OEM stove/oven as a starting point I removed the burners and dropped in a single element 600-watt induction cook top. Next removed the oven elements and door and inserted a liquor drawer. The drawer is mounted on 16-inch slides. Also, added a safety latch and led lights inside wire in series with the courtesy lights.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: Stove/Oven conversion

Post by Jay Knoll »

Nicely done! Is there a catch to keep the drawer from opening when you're rolling in a seaway?
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate

Post by bigdishdoctor »

yes, I did install a stow latch for use when underway in rough water. I normally install the latch last in the installation process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

Very nice!

Can I ask---Where did you find a 600w induction hob?! You must mean 1600w.

I am redoing my galley and I too decided I need a induction cooktop. In all my research I have found only 1300, 1600, and 1800w models. The thirteen being the lowest watt element I could find anywhere. If you found a 600w, you have to tell me where, cause thats exactly what I need. (600w would also be like a low-medium setting on a normal induction cooktop.)

How do you like cooking on it? And do you ever run it off the hook, off grid?
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate

Post by bigdishdoctor »

You are correct it's a 1600 watt unit(http://www.trueinduction.com/SingleBurner.aspx). Definitely the way to go . Heats up quickly and Very efficient.

Steve
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

Have you ever run it while off the hook? Also, is it possible to install that model in a countertop?
bigdishdoctor
First Mate
First Mate

Post by bigdishdoctor »

This unit is designed for counter top or drop in use. There are better units for drop in application with thick countertops. Mainly due to their better cooling air management. Since I'm using the SS sheet metal bezel of the excising stove cooling vent clearance was adequate.

As far as on the hook use that's all I've used it for. I have a 5K genset so power is not a problem.

Steve
Steve White
ALBIN 32+2

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”