• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

32 SF. Any specifics to look for when considering?

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

32 SF. Any specifics to look for when considering?

Post by eseyoung »

Well my search has led me to a 32 SF. i have looked at TE's and a few other makes but keep coming back to Albins.

I have found a 32 Sport Fish for sale near by and am going to take a look at her this weekend. I am not sure what to expect...she is an 89. so she is a bit more vintage than i was planning. But the price does let some wiggle room to complete a few things.

Is there anything that i should be looking for specifically? as in known issues with the hulls or the 250 Cummins or the V drive?

I read the history of the CB here and i think that 89 was the first year and that they were called sport fishers only for the 89 MY. Later variants were simply called command bridges.

Boat shopping is fun! and it gives me something to do on the weekends.
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Re: 32 SF. Any specifics to look for when considering?

Post by jprohan »

I owned a 90 32 for 22 years; and had no issues with the V drive. I thjink the boat is underpowered with a 250. 12 kts. max speed. The 300 Cummins was adequate power; about 16 kts. cruise and 22 top end.
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Post by jruesr »

I have a 90 32 and its a great boat. The v drive has not caused any issues. I have been wondering about the 250 hp small motors and if you are right about 12 knots being the top speed that would be bad. 12 kts is not a good speed for this boat. It is barely on plane and if you are moving into any weather at all you will be dropping off plane and into the hole. I have a 370 hp Cummins and the boat loves about 15 to 18 kts.

Look out for the exhaust elbow and the fuel tanks if its an older boat like this.
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Post by jprohan »

Never had a tank problem. We did replace many of the salt water loop parts; but that is common. The exhaust elbow we replaced with a stainless steel "shower head" type. It doesn't have the holes around the edges like most; but a hose that "shoots" a full spray where the exhaust exits the elbow. So it doesn't get clogged by salt. You are right about the 250; I had a 300 and it was perfect. Easy 16 kt. cruise and a fuel burn of 8-10 GPH.
If I can help more specifically, send me a private email.
Jim Persson

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”