• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

50 Amp shore power for a 32 + 2?

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

50 Amp shore power for a 32 + 2?

Post by TomA »

My new to me 1999 32 + 2 has fore and aft 50 amp 250 volt shore power connections. The main electrical panel as far as I can see only has single phase 110 volt power. Did all of the 32 + 2 come with the 50 amp 250 volt shore power connections? Has anyone changed over to 30 amp for the, costs,convenience and less weight carrying cords around marinas?
Tom A
32 +2 Command Bridge "Arrivederci"
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: 50 Amp shore power for a 32 + 2?

Post by tego »

Tom, I think you'd better check your voltage requirements on board before you swap to 30 Amp service. A lot of boats have 220 volt A/c systems. Check all your elect. appliances for required voltage. Also your batt. charger. Ben
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

My A/C is 110 volt, electric range, and battery charger inverter ditto. There are no 220 volt fixtures on the boat, The main panel is fed 110 volt single phase from the fore / aft shore power connections.
Tom
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Tom, It sure is a no-brainer then. That 50 Amp cord IS heavy. I'd put two 30 Amp connectors on the boat, with one dedicated to the A/C. That way, if you don't need the A/C , you don't use that cord. You have some serious juice suckers there so I doubt if you could get by with a single 30 amp cord for everything. You may find that the A/C is hooked to one leg of the 220, and the rest to the other. Good luck, Ben

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”