• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Water, water no where, and not much to drink

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
flyboyjack
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Punta Gorda, FL

Water, water no where, and not much to drink

Post by flyboyjack »

Well after struggling for a few hours, I got the shower sump re-plumbed and rewired. One thing I noticed is that when I removed the hose from the water tank to the fresh water pump, there was not a lot of water running out. I assumed there would be as I had filled the water tank to capacity, (117 G). Then I got to thinking there may be a check valve inline somewhere that is overcome by the suction from the fresh water pump. So I closed everything up, powered up and all faucets merely trickle. I then removed the pex line from the down-water side and when I energized the pump I didn't get a stream, just a heavy spray. (Filter removed and cleaned) I double checked to ensure there wasn't one or more open faucets somewhere. So anybody have an idea? Is my main feed line plugged/kinked or do I have a bad/weak pump"? (Stoooopid boat)!
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Water, water no where, and not much to drink

Post by RobS »

You are likely equipped, or better yet "cursed", with aluminum water tanks. Those tanks are attacked by the chlorine in the water and you will get crystals which clog the system. This could be your issue.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Re: Water, water no where, and not much to drink

Post by seasalt »

Jack

I agree with RobS. I would try to rig a dock water hose and blow through the pipe backwards into the tank. If the tank is full you probably should remove the fill cap first.

Good luck

Ron
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”