• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

32 sport fish?

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Tdelaney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoiset

32 sport fish?

Post by Tdelaney »

Hello all
i have been monitoring this site for years as i have always loved the Albin line. i am planning o take my next step up from our grady white sailfish to something else the Admiral will be comfortable in. I love the lines and layout of the 32 sport fish, even though there are not allot out there for sale right now. Is this a nice next step to a mid size trawler/cruiser/fishing boat? do they have any inherent problems i should look for?
thanks
Tom
Tom Delaney
1992 32 Sportfish
Agave Azul
Mattapoisett Ma
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Re: 32 sport fish?

Post by jprohan »

Tom: we had a 32 sportfish (1990) for 22 years. Very reluctant to sell but we had to down size to a trailerable pocket trawler. We moved from NY to FL; lived there 9 years during which we made 4 Bahamas trips; then back to NY up the inter coastal. We absolutely LOVED the boat. Lots of room; twin stateroom if you have guests; 16 kts. cruise at 8-10 gallons of fuel per hour. 3 steps up to the bridge.
A few people have expressed worry about the V drive; we had ours rebuilt once; and had to repower once; but that is not too bad for 22 years. In my opinion, it is an excellent cruising and fishing boat. We have stayed for as long as 6 weeks and were absolutely comfortable. The earliest models had a 250 Cummins; it was under powered. Stay away from those. If I can help you more specifically; send me a direct email.
Jim Persson
Bay Shore, NY
Tdelaney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoiset

Post by Tdelaney »

HI JIM
Thanks for the reply. I have looked at a couple so far and love the layout. Ones i looked at too much of a project at the moment for me. thanks for the positive review, I can see this boat working for us, now i have to find one.
Tom
Tom Delaney
1992 32 Sportfish
Agave Azul
Mattapoisett Ma
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Post by jruesr »

Why not look at my Sportsfish 32 advertised here on the for sale section. It is a great boat. I can find you some cheep airline tickets to Punta Gorda and even pick you up if you want. Aligiant air to charlotte regional airport is the way to

go.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8552

I have been boating here for 15 years. Ready to do something else.

John
Passages III

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”