• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Changing Out Batteries

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Farmer38
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Petersburg, FL

Changing Out Batteries

Post by Farmer38 »

Hi,

Still in prep mode for our winter cruising plans. Now, if I could only cut down on work, so I could be on the boat more! Anyhow - work pays for it all so.. onward.

I have purchased two new 8D AGM batteries to replace the 6 year old ones that are mounted in front of the V-drive under the salon. Anyone have advice on how to physically remove (and replace) these `50 lb beasts without hurting myself?

Cheers,
Jim & Deserie

2000 32+2 Island Waters
12' Flex Boat RIB
St Petersburg, FL
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Re: Changing Out Batteries

Post by TomA »

Remove/install them thru the access hatch under the dinette. Hire a young buck for the heavy work it's worth ever penny. Tom A
Farmer38
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Petersburg, FL

Re: Changing Out Batteries

Post by Farmer38 »

IMG_1640.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
Well - I didn't hire a young buck, but moved slowly and got the job done. It was a days work!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jim & Deserie

2000 32+2 Island Waters
12' Flex Boat RIB
St Petersburg, FL

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”