• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1999 32+2 command bridge

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
steve
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: branford ct

1999 32+2 command bridge

Post by steve »

Looking at potential purchase of a 1999 32+2, trying to find out when Albin stopped using the balsa cored hull. I understand that at some point Albin switched to a foam core.
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Re: 1999 32+2 command bridge

Post by sail149 »

Hi
My understanding is it was about 2000 with the use of AIREX PVC foam ( supplied by the Baltek group who bought AIREX foam products) in the hull only but it was a gradual transition.
There is a thread here with some imformation that might help
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9146
I doubt your is foam , they would have started the foam on the high sellers like the 28 range
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Re: 1999 32+2 command bridge

Post by rnummi »

There's no way of really telling. Sometimes they changed composition mid year. Read JT's guide to A27 for discussion with designer. Mine's solid, other boats same model cored. Go figure. Sometimes it seems like they used whatever was laying around or was close at hand. Same story with deck and pilothouse. Each Albin seems to have been "custom" built with its own individual quirks.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”