• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Freezer install

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
fish1860

Freezer install

Post by fish1860 »

Has anyone installed a freezer in the cabin or coakpit of a 32+2/35 Command bridge, If so what size and type?
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I sure would not mind losing my 2 waste of space front load fridges for a single decent sized top loader.

Seen one installed in a 97 32+2. Don't know if the owner haunts this group. :?
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
fish1860

freezer install

Post by fish1860 »

That's kind of what I was thinking. Those little fridges are only good for some sandwich makings and a few eggs. LOL I read that a full size fridge was available on there new boats in leu of the fwd locker? They make the top load freezers small these days, One might fit in the same space.
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rt11002003 »

I saw a 32+2 listed on YachtWord that has a large freezer and the two refrigators. I think it is a 2000 model with the guest state room, ie two bunks.

Maybe the picture would help in determining if one could be retrofitted.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

If we are just doing a 2 nighter we don't even worry with using a fridge. Everything comes onboard in coolers & thet is where it all stays. We did a 4 nighter last weekend & just used one fridge to keep produce cold.

The boat I saw with the top loader is at the N end of the Chesapeake Bay. The owner of this one has done some fairly serious cruising. The boat has been to Maine & also done most of the Erie canal.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Paul Hughes
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Nortons Marina, Deltaville, VA

Post by Paul Hughes »

Several months ago I looked at (but did not buy) a 32+2 (2000) in Punta Gorda that had a freezer in the cockpit. The sink/baitwell/drawers were omitted (or had been removed), but the outer shell size and shape were identical to "normal". If this was a retrofit, the fiberglass work that replaced the drawers was very well done. There was a top-load hinged cover, insulated liner and coldplate installed similar to sailboat systems. The electically-driven compressor module was mounted in the swim platform cavity. Sorry, no pictures retained on file.
Paul
32+2 "Oasis"
Deltaville, VA
fish1860

Freezer install

Post by fish1860 »

Thank you for all your replies. I'll keep them in mind.
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

i was thinking of removing both frigs' in my 35 and replacing with a "full size" (for a boat) refer/freeze in the space formerly occupied by the forward refer. The depth of the new unit is the real variable, I think. Certainly the higher unit will block some of the forward portion of the port window and will interfere with the cabinet above the countertop. Haven't done anything except think about this. A larger single unit would be a vast improvement over the 2 minis. An ice tray would be wonderful.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”