• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

So what's the latest?

Boatmon

So what's the latest?

Post by Boatmon »

Hey 34's what's the latest news?

I can imagine that everyone is busy getting ready for launching, I know I have been. 50 hours of boat work a week after 45-50 at work work is just too much. We are ready to tinker around while at anchor somewhere.
May 10 003.jpg
May 10 005.jpg
05-12-10_1718.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Re: So what's the latest?

Post by Marcy K »

Hi Boatman,

You are exactly right - getting ready to launch. We are supposed to go in next Weds (may be Thursday if the bad weather forecast holds). Our marathon list has only a few lines left - hope to take care of them this weekend. So far we have:

replaced holding tank (30 gals) and hoses, installed new water tanks (total 80 gals) and all plumbing, cleaned, sanded, painted bilge, replaced all engine hoses, removed and cleaned heat exchanger, cleaned and painted engine, removed all 12 ports, dug out rotten balsa, fiberglassed and reinstalled ports with new screens, repaired deck area that had wet balsa, removed sliding windows and replaced tracks, stripped, sanded and varnished all brightwork, sanded, cleaned and painted new non-skid on decks, re-bed all stanchions and cleats, installed new windless, installed new generator, installed 2 new 8D batteries, tidied up the rats nest of wires in engine room, cut out area at head of bed in stateroom and installed new cabinet where a cushy headliner used to be, replaced all coolant with fleet guard, new impeller, changed gear oil in bow thruster, repaired broken motor mount and realigned engine, replaced cutless bearing, sanded and painted bottom with 3 coats of environmentally friendly e-paint, compounded and waxed hull and topsides. I know that I must have forgotten some but I think you can get the picture here!!! Cannot wait to get on the water. New name is on the transom and we have it covered up awaiting the official re-naming ceremony! Hope to meet many of you in July in Essex. Marcy A34 Paumanok Westbrook, CT
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
Boatmon

Re: So what's the latest?

Post by Boatmon »

WOW, I thought that we were the only people crazy enough to tackle so many projects at once! Looks like we're in good company though. :D

Remember for renaming, that Pyrat (rum) makes a really great "ceremony" drink, boat drink, happy hour drink, sundowner drink, do you see a theme here?

Best of luck to you, our maiden voyage went great hope your's does too!
May 10 004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “33/34”