• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Follow Up

Coordinator - Lou Bennett (loubennett)
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Rendezvous Follow Up

Post by loubennett »

I just returned from another weekend in St. Michaels. Fireworks, visit with family, dinner at the Crab & Steak. The Albin group seems to have left the town in good shape.Matt, the Harbour Inn Dockmaster, commented that it was an easy group for him. That basically means everyone knows how to drive their boat. No drama around the dock. You're all welcome back.

My brother enjoyed having everyone at the Saturday evening pot luck. I think his only problem was that he didn't get to show off his house enough. The weather was great, but if it hadn't been our group of 50 would have had room to spare inside. By the way, someone left a slotted serving spoon. If you want to claim it, knock on their door on your next visit to St. Michaels. Actually there are alternatives. Let me know and I can retrieve it on my next trip.

I brought my camera, but I didn't have much time to take pictures. I know others took alot. Please post them so we all can enjoy. It was a great rendezvous and I hope everyone had a good time. I know I enjoyed arranging it. A little hectic, but worth it.

A little trivia. The Harbour Inn is owned by Bob Pascal. He is a former county executive for Anne Arundel County and a Duke graduate. The flags along the dock are all from Atlantic Coast Conference schools. On Saturday we noticed there was an unused flag pole at the inboard end of the dock and ran up the Albin banner. This weekend I noticed that spot is where the University of Maryland Terrapin flag normally flies. I don't know why it wasn't there, but, for all you Terrapin fans, the flag is back in place.
Last edited by loubennett on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typos
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Re: Rendezvous Follow Up

Post by furball »

Lou,
Thanks for all the planning on the part of both you and John. That's what makes things look so easy.
Sara and I had a great time. As usual, we left with new friends, new items for the To-Do List and some new items on the shopping list! By the way, thanks Carl, next year if it's over a hundred bucks, don't show it to me :lol:
Lou, I wish that was my slotted spoon :) I bet it wouldn't be much trouble to turn that stop at your brother's into a couple hours enjoying the house and the view. Your brother was great to show us around and offer his home for our use. Thank you!
Sara and I didn't take a single picture but we hope to see some soon.
I also wanted to thank everyone who traveled up from Virginia, thanks for making the effort and I look forward to heading your way soon.
Thanks again,
John and Sara
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

John & Sara, glad you had a good time. I'm also glad you pointed out our friends frm Virginia. They really made a significant effort to attend. They also taught us what a bait table is really for. I'm not a fisherman, but I may get one anyway.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Thanks to everyone for attending and yes special thanks to those that made the long trip from "down south". 3 or 4 hours for us is nothing compared to the distance that some traveled. Lou, you did a fantastic job pulling all this together and this is definitely the best one yet!
I put together a page of the some of the pictures we took.

You can view at http://www.marinetech.com/aog2011. You can view individually or as a slide show.

If anyone cares to send me their pictures, I would love to have them.

Lou - don't forget to send me the pictures you took of us coming down the river.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

John, I'll send the pictures soon. I really enjoyed doing the rendezvous. It was particularly nice that you and Sharon stopped in Annapolis On the way. I hope that added to the weekend. If no one claims the slotted spoon, it may become a perpetual trophy for the AOG Chesapeake Area. We need a category for the prize. Any suggestions?
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

loubennett wrote:John, I'll send the pictures soon. I really enjoyed doing the rendezvous. It was particularly nice that you and Sharon stopped in Annapolis On the way. I hope that added to the weekend. If no one claims the slotted spoon, it may become a perpetual trophy for the AOG Chesapeake Area. We need a category for the prize. Any suggestions?
The stop at your home was perfect. Nice dockage and thanks for letting us hang out with you. We both had a great time. Forrest too!
You never know when we might show up next. We also want to find Mike and Beth's place soon.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

John, you're always welcome. Mike and Beth are close by both by road and water. Good people. Cops that don't spoil the party!!!
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Halcyon2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: North, Va

Post by Halcyon2 »

John:

Thanks for the pictures - they look great! We especially like the ones where it shows a panoramic view of the Albins sitting in a semi-circle. Really cool and of course, the pics of Forrest are priceless. I didn't see any posts on the super weather but the trip up and back were incredibly smooth on the Bay. Never thought we could travel that far without hitting some rough seas but they were almost flat for all of our 18 hours running. Thanks again to you and Lou.
Ron and Debbie Lambert
Halcyon 2
North, VA
abellch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Norfolk, Va

Post by abellch »

The Blu Ba Ewe, Captain & crew had a great time. 'Twas her maiden voyage out of the county, since the trek down from Sandy Hook, Halloween weekend, 2010. As to the slotted spoon, while I was actually at the get- together, although not supported by the posted photos, 'tis my slotted spoon, I do believe.

I would be willing to donate it as an appropriate trophy to be passed on into perpetuity at future rendezvous for the most unique adaptation of the most ordinary of marine products for hospitality or extraordinary culinary contribution(s) at the annual soiree.

We look forward to next year, and promise to be more active with the electronic media.

Graciously, Chuck & Deb, Blu Bay Ewe
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

Chuck, this year you would have won your own spoon!!! It's very gracious of you to donate what will become a highly prized trophy. I love your suggested category. Next year you're the chief judge. I hope I can get down your way sometime. Maybe a fall cruise. I'll let you know and we can hook up. I didn't take inventory, but is there room on the bait table for a bottle of Glenlivet or Woodford Reserve?
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “Fifth Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2011”